Life doesn't always make sense. We can't control many things, regardless of what politicians and scientists say.. Computers mess up, our hair decides to unleash an untameable beast, terrorists attack our country, cancer devours the lives of our companions.. the impossible happens. Life simply isn't fair.
Isn't it ironic how you can spend time with someone one, then turn around and that same day something absolutely devastating has changed that person's life forever? Today, I heard some of the most awful news ever. Mrs.Brown, better known as the lady behind the desk in the Main Office at AHS, a woman I love very much and respect dearly, came home from work to find her husband dead from a heart attack. When I heard of this tragedy, I was absolutely in shock. I was just with Mrs.Brown in the office this morning!! She was happy as could be, just returned home from visiting with her family in another state, and now.. her entire life is changed forever. Her "normal" life as it has been for the past 40 years, no longer remains. Her husband and companion for so long isn't alive anymore.. How does she find the strength to carry on? What can others do to support her? Someone can only eat so much homemade, yummy "comfort" food.. What can we say to her to let her know we're here for her?
A few years ago when my Granddad's life was coming to an end, Pastor Eddie shared a special bible passage with him.. This passage has been carved into my heart since that moment. My Granddad's death wasn't very easy for me to cope with.. I still have those emotional days that I miss him more than anything. But on those days, during my saddness and grief, I hear God reminding me of His love and His promise.. I hear this passage.. If I could only tell Mrs.Brown and her family one thing right now, I'd read them
this..
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."
This passage IS God's promise to us, this passage is God's promise to Mrs.Brown. Although Mrs.Brown is a strong, and faithful servant of the Lord, she is going through a hard time.. and will for quite some time. But God is with Mrs.Brown during this hard time. God is wrapping His arms around her, assuring her that He will be with her always. For God has as a plan.. a plan to prosper her and give her a future.. as He already has her husband. Her husband is no longer a part of this sinful place, he has now recieved hiis victory with God in heaven.. and that, if nothing else, allows Mrs.Brown and her family the strength to carry on.
God is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment