I've been asked thousands of times throughout my life, "What are your dreams?" It seems like a simple enough question. But what is a dream? Whom or what makes that dream a real dream? How does a dream form? I have many dreams, some of which are for my personal benefit, others seem more complex and involve people other than just me. How do I know what I'm fantasizing over is qualified enough to be considered a dream? How do I know my dreams? Whenever asked this question: "What are your dreams?", many people ramble on and on about making a team, becoming a doctor, or even finding love. I like to dream about the smaller things. Like going on a date, eating some icecream. Or seeing someone smile. Maybe even painting my toenails a different color. Who made the rule that dreams have to be big? I hate that people automatically determine character from someones dreams. No two people are exactly alike.. so why judge someone based on their dreams? I personally dream to learn how to play guitar. I dream to lose weight by getting into shape. I dream to make everyone I come into contact with laugh. I dream for crisp fall air and all the beautiful colors it brings. I dream big, but I still treasure the dreams which seem a bit smaller. I despise that some people refuse to answer this question. Everyone dreams. Everyone has some sort of goal or something they wish to complete in their life. So share those dreams. Don't be ashamed. I personally have no issue answering this question. I love to share my dreams.
Jesus drank wine. He really did. There are several examples of this in the bible, and I'm pretty sure that the bible is correct. Miranda Lambert also sings a song about this (Heart Like Mine). I don't really understand how or why people think differently. As a lutheran, I have grown up in a church which drinks real wine during communion. Yes, we have to wait until our Confirmation day, where we declare our faith in Christ and promise to live out our lives for Him, to take part in communion. & Yes, we have to fully understand what is really going on while we are communing before we are allowed to participate in the sacrament.. we understand that Jesus' real body and blood are present thru and with the bread & wine. So why is drinking wine such an issue for many other denominations? Read John 2. John 2 was actually Jesus' first miracle.. it tells us about the wedding in Cana of Galilee. Jesus' mother went to this wedding, along with Jesus and his disciples. Mary told Jesus there was no wine at the wedding.. and trusted Jesus to handle this situation without really telling Him to do so. I like this about Mary, she completely believed and trusted in Jesus.. but thats getting into an entire different subject. Anyways, Jesus took matters into His own hands and told them to fill the barrels to the brim with water.. so they did it. And ta-da!!! WINE!!! And this wine wasn't just any wine.. it was the best of the best.. I mean, look at who created it.. JESUS!! Isn't it amazing? I love this story.. my summary of it may not be the best, but it'll get my point across. Luke 22 also informs us about Jesus drinking wine. Luke 22 tells us about the Last Supper. In verse 19, Jesus took the bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you." With this said, why do people substitute wine for grape juice? I don't really understand this. I guess it's because I am a Lutheran.. I like Martin Luther. He was a very good fellow. I wish I had the guts he had.
k bye. -jo :)
No comments:
Post a Comment