"To me, Fearless is not the absense of fear. It's not being completely unafraid. To me, Fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death." -Taylor Swift
Friday, October 29, 2010
"Oh darling, don't you ever grow up.. Just stay this little.."
Sometimes growing up isn't easy. I learned this last night. Sometimes closing one chapter in the book is harder than we could ever imagine. Sometimes, we realize that our everyday normal will soon be different. Sometimes, we simply grow up without knowing. Last night was my very last Austin football game. I stood on those rough, cold bleachers for the last time.. the same bleachers which I have stood for the past 4 years every friday night. I cheered with the student section as the cheerleaders led the chants for the last time. I danced my butt off to my favorite cheers for the last time. I yelled my heart out for my classmates playing their hearts out on that field for the very last time. I locked arms and held tight to my friends, singing the Alma Mater for the very last time at a Football game. I lingered after the game starring at Ogle stadium which has been my home for the past 4 years for the last time as an AHS student. I laughed, cheered, smiled, and cried with the class of 2011 for the last time at Ogle. It doesn't really seem real. I never could have guessed I would have been such an emotional train wreck over what some call a stupid football game. But for me, its so much more. Watching friday night football in the AHS student section in Ogle is where I felt most at home. It's where I was most proud to be a black bear. The best memories of high school for me have been there. Ogle saw the beginning of my high school years. Ogle saw the start of many relationships for me. Ogle saw many good times with my best friends, including Julia. Ogle saw heartbreak as we lost games. Ogle saw me grow. Ogle was my home for the past 4 years.. but it is now over. Closing this season really hit home for me. It made me realize senior year will be over before I know it. I will soon be 1'000's of miles away, hopefully in Texas, following my dreams. Although I know I will be fine, I am going to miss this. I am going to miss my friends. I am going to miss standing among hundreds of AHS fans at Ogle cheering for the team which I belong to. I am growing up, I am going to graduate in less than 8 months. Austin football is officially over for me. This is the beginning of the lasts..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

JORDAN! i almost started crying when reading this.. i feel the SAME way. i did cry on our last game. it's so sad thinking about Ogle and high school football.
ReplyDelete