Sunday, October 24, 2010

Julia :)

   I would really just like to take some time to thank the inventor/creator of Facebook. My life is a whole lot better with Facebook. This is probably completely unhealthy to be this in love with a social network.. But who doesn't love Facebook? I made my facebook about two summers ago to stay in touch with all the awesome friends from around the country that I made at ECCE in St.Louis, since all of them were beyond Myspace.. which makes me ask : who even gets on there anymore? I NEVER do.  Anyways, I never would have guessed that now, just two years later, Facebook would swarm the world.. Think about it. You know society is going crazy whenever jobs, schools, churches, and organizations worldwide use Facebook as their primary way of contact. I know that I personally get more information via Facebook than any other way of communication. This just blows my mind. But hey.. kuttos ( is that right? I'm trying to expand my horizons) to the dude that created Facebook.. YOUR MY HERO, MAN!!!


   I got a message on Facebook (imagine that! ) from Julia today. It made me VERY happy. But I do admit, I did sob quite a bit while reading it. I'm very proud of her, and ecstatic that she is so joyful and things are going so great for her.. but that doesn't change the fact that I miss her so much and wish she was here with me. I have blogged about this before, but Julia is very special to me. The friendship Julia and I have is not like any relationship I have ever had before. She came into my life and literally changed me forever. Before I met her, I didn't know what a true friend was. I didn't know how to love someone else more than myself. I didn't know how to trust someone with my life. I didn't know how to let God become the center of my friendship with someone else. I just was blind to the whole concept of having a best friend forever. Then, Julia came into the picture.. She opened my eyes and became my best friend FOREVER. She is just amazing, I can't even think about Julia without smiling and laughing. You know, the majority of the time we have been friends we have been millions of miles apart. Its taken me a while to be strong and sure enough to say this, but I'm glad that we have been placed on opposite sides of the globe. No, I'm not saying I would have chosen this for our friendship, but it has made our relationship so much more precious. The distance between us may keep us from talking for periods longer than we would like, but when we do get the opportunity to talk.. it is overwhelming and completely uplifting. I really miss my bff. Reading her note made me really emotional, not only did I shed tears out of my own personal anger that she is not here with me, but I cried tears of joy. I cried because my best friend is happy and doing well. I cried because I recalled all the amazing memories we have. I cried because I know there are so many more to come. I cried because I have a best friend that loves me and will never leave. I cried because I love Julia more than I love myself. I cried, mostly, because I am thankful that God placed Julia in my life.

   My week is going to be hectic. The Taylor Swift cd comes out tonight at midnight.. I'M SUPER EXCITED!!! Taylor Swift is absolutely the best!! Tomorrow night I get inducted into National Honor Society at school.. this is bittersweet. It makes me think of graduation and leaving Decatur. This week I also have soccer tryouts. I am beyond excited for this, I'm really happy that I'm playing my senior year. last year's break from the team really upset me. Thursday will be the very last football game I will attend as a student at AHS.. I don't even know how to handle this. Football games, ogle stadium, jumping and cheering in the student section.. those are the best times I've had during in high school, so Thursday is sure to be emotional. But best of all, FRIDAY IS VEGGIE TALES!!!! I'm ecstatic and can barely wait to see Bob & Larry with my Dixons :)))) Go ahead, laugh all you want. But I get to see Veggie Tales & you don't !!!

  My life is great. :) K bye!!     love --jo. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment