Sunday, October 10, 2010

You're gonna miss this, you're gonna want this back..


Homecoming is my favorite. I love everything about it. Yes, it may be just some silly game with out a dance at Austin, but it's what being a senior is all about. Since my freshman year I've been waiting to be a senior to do all the cool things.. like senior crowns and senior section in the lunch room. But I honestly think I was so excited about senior year for this past week.. homecoming. Some of the best times I have ever had throughout high school were at float construction.. both at Mcats & Beltline. Funny how getting up before ten on a saturday morning and working til 5 that evening, rolling/glueing millions of tissue balls ALL week long is so much fun. I never thought building a dern float with my classmates would bring us all so close. Staying up til 2:30 in the morning finishing the float, dancing, grubbin like Mrs.Coleen, being so delirious everything is super hilarious, getting along with the people you'd never even think about talking to otherwise.. this is why I love homecoming.  Not to mention parading down Bank Street, throwing candy, and chanting "A-U-S-T-I-N.. AUSTIN SENIORS GONNA WIN...OOOOHHH OHHHH" the entire way. Completely acting insane at the Pep Rally, Seniors winning both the Spirit Stick & FIRST PLACE in the float contest.. cramming 10 of us in Rachel's car to go eat Maria Bonita's watching Crystal fuss for limes. Door and windows decorated all across campus, dress-up days all week, class t-shirts, and a ton of announcements. Going out to dinner with a group of friends before the game, taking lots and lots of pictures in our cute outfits. Anticipating who is going to win Homecoming Queen.. cheering so loud we all lose our voices the next day.. and best of all.. Winning 33-30 against the #4 ranked team in Alabama in the last 2 seconds of the game.. partying with everyone after.. Yes. These are the days I'm going to cherish the most about High School. Although I have had so much fun this past week with all this, now its very bitter sweet.. It was my last time to stay up that late working on a homecoming float with all my friends.. it was my last homecoming pep rally.. it was my last homecoming game.. it was the beginning of many "lasts"..
 I love being a part of the Austin High class of 2011. :))





No comments:

Post a Comment