Wednesday, November 10, 2010

CMA's :)

  I do believe that God created country music with me in mind. There is absoluetly NOTHING else that makes me this happy. I really don't remember the exact moment that I fell in love with the entire country music genre. Thinking back to my childhood, I remember jamming out daily to Shania Twain, Brooks & Dunn, Reba, George, Tim, Faith.. and so many more. Who would've guessed that now, 17 years into my life, I would find happiness and comfort in country music??  I can picture it now.. a room full of mom's ranting about how awesome their children are.. My mom would be stuck saying, "Yea, well.. Jordan knows everything there is to know about each country star. Did you know that Miranda's dog is named Cher? Jordan told me that.." My poor family, they must be so proud.
    Tonight was the biggest night of the year for country music : The 44th annual CMA's. To say I lost it would be an understatement. The very second that the Red Carpet premiere came on I was GLUED to the screen. I was VERY VERY pleased with the winners in every category tonight. Brad won Entertainer of the Year :))) This made me VERY happy. I do love when men get teary eyed accepting an honor as big as Brad got tonight. He is an incredible man, I look up to him so much.
    My girl, Miranda, was up for 9 nominations tonight and went home with Female Vocalist, Albulm of the Year, Song of the year for 'House That Built Me', and Video of the Year with 'White Liar'. I have to admit that I did cry every time she was announced the winner of a specific category. Heck, I was so excited for her that I cried whenever she appeared on the screen. Did I mention that tonight was her birthday AND her first time to win any CMA award!!??!! And she went home with more titles than anyone else in Country Music did tonight!! Miranda Lambert is simply awesome, and I can't wait for us to be bestfriends. End of Story.

         Here is a list of all of tonight's winners:
Entertainer of the Year : Brad Paisley
Male Vocalist: Blake Shelton
Female Vocalist: Miranda Lambert
Albulm of the Year: Miranda Lambert's Revolution
Single: Lady A's 'Need You Now'
Song: Miranda's 'House That Built Me'
Video: Miranda's 'White Liar'
New Artist of the Year: Zac Brown Band
Group: Lady A
Duo: Sugarland

 Country music is the absolute best. I am proud to call myself a fan. I believe that some of these artists explain exactly what is so amazing about country music in these quotes..
     " Country music is the people's music. It just speaks about real life and about truth and it tells things how they really are. " -Faith Hill.

    " Country music has always been the best shrink that 15 bucks can buy." -Dierks Bentley.

    "Country music is still your grandpa's music, but it's also your daughter's music. It's getting bigger and better all the time and I'm glad to be a part of it." -Shania Twain.



  God is so good. :)) I am so thankful for all He has provided me.. Thank you, Jesus. Help me live my life for You. You are the potter, I am the clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment